Easy Ways to Know Chikungunya Prevention, Symptoms & Treatment | Godrej HIT
Chikungunya is high on fever, it has been seen that this viral has no spread and people are left with the after effect of pain. It is not fatal, but has no cure for it. It affects the joints of the fingers foot and hand causing swelling and pain. In some odd cases the pain continues for years and months.
What are the symptoms of chikungunya:
1. High fever between 102-104 Faranite.
2. Swelling in joints like back, ankles, fingers, knees.
3. Acute pain in joints.
4. Rashes on the skin.
They are similar to the one’s like dengue that is why a doctor visit should be a must.
There is no specific treatment made for chikungunya. The following pointers should help a little:
1. There is should be proper bed rest.
2. A lot of fluid intake should be done as it helps release the toxins.
3. Medicines like paracetamol should be taken to control the fever and pain.
Once a person has suffered from chikungunya they are immune to it for the rest of there life.
Home remedies to cure chikungunya pain:
1. Applying garlic paste orclove oil with blackpepper helps in relieving pain.
2. Ashwagandha can be chewed.
3. Neem leafs and Epsom salt should be added to lukewarm water and then used for bathing, it can be helpful.
4. Dry and seedless grapes with milk should help in decreasing the symptoms of chikungunya.
5. Raw carrot should be eaten as it helps preventing joint pain.
6. Tulsi is used to help preventing symptoms and helps increase immunity.
7. Coconut water intake should be high as it helps the person suffering from chikungunya hydrate and release all the toxins.
8. Turmeric milk should be given to the sufferer as it helps the body to heal faster.
Cure for chronic pain caused by chikungunya:
1. Mild aerobic exercise: The best way to relieve the chronic joint pain is by doing low oxygen intake exercises. It helps in the movement of the joints in the correct manner.
2. Massage: It can help reduce pain for the people suffering. The middle fingers should be massaged to relieve leg joints pain and the index finger and the ring finger for the arm pain.
3. Cool compresses: Cool compressions should be done as they relieve swelling and pain.
4. Turmeric milk: It is known best for healing and pain. It gives strength and helps increase immunity.
5. Stew peppers: It has the ingredient capsaicin that helps in treating chikungunya,
6. Ginger: It is anti-inflammatory and helps in the healing process.
7. Vitamin C: Intake of vitamin c helps release the negative toxin. Fruits rich in Vitamin C are recommended as they help in better absorption of iron.
8. Green leafy vegetables: They are the most important part of the diet as they have the most vitamin E and iron which help in decreasing pain and joint inflammation.
9. Yoga: stretches and basic yoga also helps in relieving muscular pain.
10. Walking: Short walk also help in the recovery process. Minimum of 20mins should be a part of the routine.
11. Vitamin D: Vitamin D plays an important role as it keeps the bones strong and intact. If vitamin D is low measures should be taken as per the doctor’s advice.
How to prevent chikungunya:
1. Empty the buckets of water, so that they do not collect excess water. The water container should always be covered.
2. There should be no stagnant water as it is a breeding ground for mosquitoes.
3. Apply mosquito repellent as much as possible or put mosquito patches.
4. All windows and doors should be kept close and should not have holes, to avoid mosquitoes entering.
5. If someone has dengue in house then make sure of protecting the others in the house.
6. Sleeping under a mosquito net will be of great help.
7. If you use a cooler then clean the tray’s regularly and keep it clean.
8. Plant a tulsi plant to keep mosquitoes away and avoid mosquitoes.
9. Always clean the dustbin and not let any dirt collect, to avoid mosquitoes.
10. Light a camphor and it will help keep mosquitoes away.