No Cake = No Christmas!! Yummy Mini Bundt Cake recepie
Just four more days left for Christmas!!
And you know what??
No Cake = No Christmas!!
Think of a festival, related to cakes, cookies, baking, wine and merrily dancing – I’m sure we all relate that to Christmas. I have already posted a step by step Rich Plum Cake recipe last year and this time, wanted to bake something lighter and a wee bit less on calories. Who am I kidding here – this is cake we are talking about people!!
Well, if you love baking you would also understand the pain involved in keeping your kitchen clean after finishing up a recipe. You sieve some flour; it spills out for sure. Grind some sugar, they all fly like pixie dust basis your blender speed. And then there’s the multi-tasking between blender, dry ingredients, spatula and lining up the tin. Uff!! I’m mostly a “clean cooking workstation” freak and I hate the mess that baking causes at times, worse being the sticky batter that is a feast for Mr. crawlies (cockroaches). These cockroaches are more dangerous than we all think. They carry germs, bacteria from drains, crawl on our food items and spread food poisoning. I personally don’t do pest control which involves sticking dough all over your house. Why – I have a dog! Need I say more?
But Lal Hit has always worked for me. I spray it every month as a part of my monthly kitchen cleaning routine. As I remove stuff to clean up, I apply it on each of the hiding spots of Mr. Cockroach like around cylinders, cracks and crevices by going deep inside every corner with its special DEEP REACH NOZZLE. This eliminates all the hidden cockroaches and keeps my kitchen safe from diseases.
After all a healthy kitchen means a healthy family.
I know with everyone giving you plum cake, serving you plum cake, stores stocking plum cake!! You will go through a plum cake overdose in December. So why not try this simple, easy to whip up, light & fluffy Marble cake? Also always store your cakes in a clean, dry airtight container post baking to trap moistness and not letting your cakes dry. But most important – prevent any exposure to food poisoning agents.
250 gms – All purpose flour
80 gms – Unsalted Butter/ Cake margarine
1 cup – Castor Sugar
1tbsp – Vanilla Essence
2tbsp – Cocoa powder
Pinch of salt
1/4 tsp – Baking powder
1/2 tsp – Baking soda
1. Whisk together sugar & butter, until a smooth cream consistency is formed
2. Add in eggs, vanilla essence and whisk until all the ingredients have blended well, avoid curdling
3. Fold in the flour little by little along with baking powder, baking soda by using cut & fold method.
4. Divide the batter into 2 portions – one vanilla and the other Chocolate by adding cocoa powder to it
5. In a greased muffin/mini bundt tray alternate between the layers of vanilla and chocolate dough, give it one final stir by using a tooth pick
6. Pre heat oven for 10 mins (I use OTG) @ 180c and then bake the cake for 15mins or until a skewer comes out clean, when pierced in centre. Your cake is done!
7. You may simply plain as is, with a cup of tea/coffee. Or make it fancy by putting a dollop of whipped cream or chocolate ganache.
Also don’t forget to use LAL HIT to keep away those pesky crawling, disease causing insects from your Kitchens.